What You Can Do Now To Help DACA recipients and Fight for the DREAM Act
The news of the end of DACA came on Tuesday, September 5, 2017 from the mouth of Attorney General Jeff Sessions. Trump chose not to show his face and assume responsibility for this cowardly and shameful decision.
DACA FACT SHEET
READ this document which is the latest DACA Fact Sheet on what the announcement means, how does it affect you, and what are next steps.
If you find it helpful, download it, and share it with others. Spanish version available HERE.
IMPORTANT DATE TO REMEMBER
If your DACA permit expires before March 5, 2018, you have until October 5, 2017 (just a few weeks!) to file your renewal! You should assess your eligibility with a legal immigration professional you can trust before taking any further steps.
If you believe you are ready to renew and qualify, please see CHIRLA.
CHIRLA IS HERE TO HELP:
We will be providing Free legal consultations and free processing services to anyone who needs to renew their DACA application before the October 5, 2017 deadline.
We are open Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturday at 8 a.m. No appointment necessary.
In addition, if a DACA applicant is in need of financial support to offset the USCIS fees ($495) to renew their application, CHIRLA will have limited funds to help you. Stop by and ask about this opportunity right away.
DONATE TO THE DACA TRUST FUND
CHIRLA will offer free legal consultations and processing services to all DACA recipients renewing their application before October 5, 2017. We want to help as many of these young immigrants paying the USCIS fees as well. We can't do it alone. We need your support and that's why we have set up the DACA Trust Fund. Please consider a donation by visiting this link:
THE NEXT BIG FIGHT - THE DREAM ACT
Now that DACA has been rescinded, we have to fight for a permanent solution. In our view, the bipartisan proposal called the DREAM ACT is the solution. We will support a clean legilslation that does not throw our loved ones, our family, under the bus.
What can you do?
- Volunteer at CHIRLA making phone calls to voters and patching them through Congressional leaders to press for passage of the DREAM ACT now.
- Call your own Congress representative or the Republican leadership and ask them to resolve this problem now.
- Join an action, like the one we are working on for September 14 at 5 pm, to denounce the white nationalist agenda, and press for the Dream Act.
- Post your story on social media and tell others why young immigrants are good for this country.
- Become a member of CHIRLA or the California Dream Network and organize and join others seeking justice and a better future for all immigrants.