Community Education & Outreach
If you would like to request a community presentation or training, please click HERE to fill out the Community Education Request Form with pertinent information.
Quality information is key to successful immigrant integration. As gains are made on immigration policy and programs, CHIRLA responds to the critical need for reliable information through a network of community relationships well-established for decades. The Community Education department at CHIRLA was established to help immigrants understand their civil and human rights as well as to educate them about opportunities which allow them to step out of the shadows and into society.
Community Education and Outreach Program responds critically to inform the immigrant community on issues that impact their daily lives, mainly when immigration or social services legislations change at local, state and federal level. We provide free information, group seminars, presentations, and workshops on Coalition Building, Policy, Civic Engagement, Worker's Rights, Community/Police Relations and other social services relevant to our immigrant community.
For more information about our services and programs call our immigrant assistance hotline:
- Hotline is available 24/7
- It is staffed by knowledgeable, bilingual (Spanish/English) referral specialists.
- Available Monday through Friday, 9 am - 5 p.m.
Community Outreach efforts:
- Outreach campaigns on issues that are relevant to our immigrant community such as Citizenship, Health Care 4ALL, DACA 2012, AB 60 (Driver Licenses) Prop 47 (Reduced Penalties on some crimes), Financial Literacy (How to obtain Financial Stability) Workers Rights (Wage Theft and Minimum Wage Ordinance)
- Participate in community events, festivals and conferences;
- Attend and organize community education forums, parents meetings, student gatherings,
- Know Your Rights red Cards (KYR),
- Present Know Your Rights video workshops
In Case of Raids, Your Benefits Under the Law, Citizenship Requirements, Children's Benefits, and other informational brochures and booklets.